Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Waiting for Halloween...

As you all know it is July, but just out of the blue last night while I was reading Orrin a Spiderman comic book...(hmm, maybe not so out of the blue) he asked me what he could be for Halloween this year. I asked him what he wanted to be and he said a Transformer. I replied with "Adam is going to be that this year so maybe you should be something else". He wanted to be a scary thing, but as he was thinking I remembered that one of Anna's old costumes would possibly fit him. I told him Anna has a dragon costume that he could wear if he wanted. As he was already in bed I said he could try it on in the morning. He said "When's Halloween Mama?" I said that when the leaves that are green on the trees turn orange and start falling off.

First thing Orrin did in this morning was ask me if it was Halloween now. I said "no, the leaves on the trees are still green". Apparently he didn't believe me so he went to check. About every 20 minutes throughout the day he has asked me "Is it Halloween now?" And keeps checking out the window to make sure I have my head screwed on straight!

I dug out the dragon costume this morning and he has been wearing it all day in anticipation of Halloween somehow arriving 3 months early! He eats in it, sleeps in it, drinks in it, goes to the bathroom in it and even rode his bike in it. I just hope I can get it off of him long enough to wash it!





2 comments:

Dick Family said...

ha ha - SO cute! That Orrin is so cute! I Love that you took pictures of everything throughout the day (what a great scrapbook page)!

lilaussiemum said...

Comments from Facebook...

Tamara Sutherland : Haven't we all felt this way...A dragon on the crapper. So to speak.

Andrea Thomas Toughill : I really enjoyed the read.

Heidi Hammon : Thanks for the update, Sarah! I guess I just emotional this morning...again...but it was a good cry!

Emily Blackmore : Little Peanut!! We could have two Transformers! Actually Adam wants to be a cow, and spiderman too :) But I think Transformers are still in first place.

Holly Thomas : Hehehe is Orrin out of the dragon costume yet? I really miss those summer activities they were fun!