Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Phew!!!

So May has finally come to an end! Kids Night Out went well, there didn't seem to be as many people as previous years, but I can safely say that is was a hit. Anna and I have decided to hang up our dancing shoes for this next coming dance year (at least) and expand our horizons.

I have joined the local fire department which will keep me busy one night a week with training at the fire hall plus all the calls I will be required to go out on. The majority of calls are car accidents as we live by a major highway. House fires are common in the winter. So far I have been enjoying it but it is all still very new. I have only been going to training for two weeks and am still to be fitted for my bunker gear. I did get to go in one of the trucks though to scope out a residential area that is somewhat of a fire hazard. It was pretty neat.

Anna started golf a couple of weeks ago for the 2nd year and has become something of a star around the Breton golf course. Apparently the break over winter hasn't slowed her down any and if she plays her cards right she may be nominated for a golf camp next spring that runs for the whole season at a golf course in central Alberta. One of her teachers has taken her under her wing and will help her develop as much as she can till the time when she needs to have lessons with a pro. Without dance being in the picture next year, we can make golf more of a focus. There are indoor places that she can go to in Edmonton when the courses are closed over winter.






2 comments:

Dick Family said...

Wow, that's big news, I didn't know you were hanging up your dancing shoes!!! Good luck with your fire fighter job, how exciting!

Steve and Kim... said...

sarah,
that is so great about the fire department job! i didn't know you had it in you. I couldn't handle seeing the blood. your kids are so adorable by the way!