Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Rude Awakening

Just when the kids had finally stopped tracking mud in, the grass was starting to be less brown and all but a couple of blobs of snow here and there... and.... I had put the snow gear away I wake up (on a school morning, mind you) to 15 feet of snow outside! OK well maybe not 15 ft...5cm though! And not just snow, it was doom and gloom. The highways had really poor visibility and lots of cars in the ditch. Jesse said that between Winfield and Wetaskiwin (aprox 45 min drive on nice roads) there were 7 cars in the ditch and phrases like "it looks like God puked cars all over highway 11A" were heard on the radio. So quite reluctantly I dig out the snow stuff and the poor rubber boots, spring coats and splash pants are put on hold till further notice. For better or worse it was still kinda warm outside so it was not even nice snow, it was like one big slurpee out there. Just when I think things ouldn't get any worse I get to work and they have 3 times as much snow (I'm actually suprised I made it through the un-graded roads in my little mini van). I am pleased to report that it is all up hill from here. Despite the sudden acumulation of a tonne of mud, tempratures are only expected to rise over the next few days!





1 comment:

Dick Family said...

I love your blog! So cute!!! I too was rudely awakened to this snow...will it never end??? I'm so glad you joined the blogger world (again)!